There are 22 stops on this hop and we hope you can visit them all and see the creative wrapping ideas.
You should have arrived from Michele from Green Girl Scraps http://www.michelegreen.com/
If you are just finding our hop in the middle you can go to the beginning at Cool Beans By L.B.
I am going to a baby shower in a couple of weeks for my sister-in-law. I thought it would be fun to wrap her gift in something she can keep. I decided to use a can. After opening this could be used to store precious memories or items from babyhood for their new daughter. This is my finished product.
I bought the canister at JoAnn Fabrics for $4.80.(Used a coupon)
1. Used DCWV paper and covered can. The hardest part was cutting around the handle.
2. Used a brown ribbon with pink flowers to separate the brown paper from the patterned paper and then added a pink button where the ribbon came together. I also added an embellishment right below the button..."A daughter is..."
3. I cut a thin strip of coordinating DCWV paper and added it to the bottom.
4. I used the Cricut "Stamping" cartridge to cut out the pink connecting flowers around the top of the can. Size =2 inches.
5. It is probably hard to see...but I sprayed those connecting flowers with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Iridescent Gold to give it a little bling. Then I added the pink dew drops in the middle of each flower. I wanted to give the can some dimension...so I popped them out.
6. On the side of the can I stapled two pink tags together and then covered them with coordinating papers, ribbon, a flower, and button. I wanted to create a pocket for the paint can opener. I tied some ribbon to the top of the paint can opener and then placed it into the pocket.
7. I decorated the top of the can with coordinating paper. I made another tag. I stamped and embossed "dear Baby" on the tag and sprayed it with glimmer mist.
8. I then cut a bunch of ribbon and tied it to the handle of the paint can.
There are so many ways you could decorate a paint can. Birthdays, holidays, wedding, showers, etc. If you think about it...the can was not much more than buying a bag and tissue paper. This is so much more personal and cute!
This is the first blog hop I have participated in and since I am jumping right in I am going to offer some blog candy. I bought another pail (smaller) and filled it with all of the scraps from my project. Maybe you will be the lucky winner and will get to create a fun project. In order to win please leave a comment and a way to get in touch. I hope you win!
I am also new to blogging, so you do not have to be a follower in order to win but....skim over the rest of my posts and if you are interested become a follower!
Thanks for stopping. Your next stop on the hop is...
Everything Digital Scrapbooking http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com/
If you get lost, here is the whole list for this hop.
IT’s A WRAP BLOG HOP LINE UP
Cool Beans By L.B. http://coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/ (HOST)
Debbie from Deb’s Eclectic Thoughts http://www.debseclecticthoughts.blogspot.com/
Cindy from In Love With Paper http://www.inlovewithpaper.blogspot.com/
Amy from Amy’s Digi-Scraps http://scrap-pix.blogspot.com/
Cindy from Scrap Obsessed http://www.scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com/
TX Scrapper Mom http://www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com/
Scrapalette from Around the Block with Scrapalette http://scrapalette.blogspot.com/
Suzelle from http://www.craftsandmorebysuzelle.blogspot.com/
Confessions of a Scrapoholic http://scrapaholicjen.blogspot.com/
Stephanie from onceuponapaper http://onceuponapaper.blogspot.com/
Brenda from Random Thoughts of a Scrapbooker http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/
Maria from Stamp Cut Create http://stampcutcreate.blogspot.com/
Terri from http://scrappinwiththebug.blogspot.com/
Lori Apgar from http://www.scrappinmystressaway.blogspot.com/
I Came, I saw, I Created http://icameisawicreated.blogspot.com/
Anabel aka cricutaddicted from http://scrappingformorefun.blogspot.com/
Michele from Green Girl Scraps http://www.michelegreen.com/
Alicat from http://scrappingwithalicat.blogspot.com/ You are here!
Everything Digital Scrapbooking http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com/ Go here next
Robin, The Scrappin' Delta Diva http://scrappindeltadiva.blogspot.com/
Gamma's Creative Corner http://gammascreativecorner.blogspot.com/
Paper Crafting Chic: http://www.papercraftingchic.com/